WHAT IS QIGONG?
Practising Qigong, a Chinese exercise program incorporating breathing techniques & light movement, helps relax the body & mind, oxygenate the blood and detox the system.
Statement of Attainment in Qigong
Weekend short course
Duration: 2 x 3-hour classes
This short course will give students the basic understanding of Qigong.
- This course is not suited for children or adults unable to exercise or who have acute conditions with pain.
- Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing.
- By appointment only, with sufficient numbers.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student receives Statement of Attainment in Qigong.
Certificate of Qigong
Classes run twice weekly
In-clinic hours required (in-house)
Duration: 8 x 3-hour classes
Through studying Qigong theory and practicing several Qigong forms, students learn to gather and cultivate Qi. Students also gain an understanding and appreciation of the mind/body relationship, resulting in physical, emotional, and spiritual awareness and a deeper connection with the Universe.
The curriculum covers the below topics at an introductory level:
- Qigong & Daoism Philosophy
- Diet Food (Positive & Negative Foods)
- The Seven Glands Theory
- The Tao Healing Arts
- Meridian Breathing
- Healing Meditation
- Breathing Exercises with Movement
- Normal – Intermediate – Reversed Breathing
- Energy and the Human Body
- Five Elements
- Walking Meditation
- Free Style Movement – Dancing the Dao.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student receives Certificate of Qigong.